Thursday, November 4, 2010

Trent Salo Out Until December

I just received word from someone connected to the Calvin Athletic Department that Senior point guard Trent Salo has a broken foot and will be out of action until sometime in December.

I would guess that the injury will move sophomore Bryan Powell into the starting PG spot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Brad Schnyders in the starting lineup at the other guard position.

That's really all the information I have at this point. Obviously this isn't the type of thing we all want to hear right now.

[UPDATE:] I just realized that the absence of David Rietema (semester abroad) and the injury to Salo leaves 12 guys on the Varsity team. Will this cause coach Vande Streek to bring up a JV player to the Varsity team? If so, it would probably (in my unlearned opinion) be sophomore Brian Palmer or freshman Michael Fabiyi.