Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Women Are People Too

Those of you that followed the blog know that I'm a big fan of doing these RPI regional ranking things which eventually lead to highly reliable tournament projections.

Up until now (the last two years) I've only done this for the D3 men, because that's what I was mostly a fan of, and I didn't really want to spend an additional 20 hours nerd-ing out in Microsoft Excel building another spreadsheet that would collect and calculate data for the women's teams.

But I've turned my Excel guru level up to 11 in the offseason and I now have a way to easily replicate my men's spreadsheet into a women's one.

Conclusion: I'll be doing women's rankings and tournament projections this upcoming season as well.

Last year I aimed to have the men's posts up on Monday's (and that will probably stay the same this year), but I may have to pick another day for the women's posts. Because doing them on the same day would mean spending at least solid hour watching numbers update on my screen (it's a slow process). Maybe I'll plan on Tuesdays or something.

That is all.

Want to stay up to date on the happenings at FFTMAG? Follow me on Twitter, “like” us on Facebook, and grab our RSS Feed. Need a ride to a game? Check out the Ride Board and post your needs.