Monday, February 28, 2022

D3 Men's NCAA Tournament Mock Bracket 2021-22

 We'll find out the official selections and bracket in about four hours, but I took a shot at racketing the projected field I helped select on Hoopsville last night. See also the D3hoops.com projected bracket.

I'm still nervous about Calvin's chances to get in and won't feel good until (if) their name is called. The other folks on the zoom call -- Bob Quillman, Ryan Scott, and Drew Pasteur -- all felt pretty good about them. I will say that, although I'm fully biased in favor of Calvin, I wasn't pushing for the Knights in that spot. I tried to generally stay out of it until there was a consensus that this was the pick.

The Men's Selection show is scheduled for 12:30 pm eastern time (I believe) and should be able to be accessed at the NCAA's official site. D3hoops.com will also likely provide information or links and will have the bracket posted soon after the reveal.

Here's my projected bracket, with UW-Oshkosh, Randolph-Macon, Marietta, and Wesleyan anchoring the four quadrants. These teams would be in line to host in the second weekend as well if they make it through and geography holds. Host sites for first-weekend pods are listed in bold at the top of each four-team pod group. (Clicking the image should embiggen.)